Banish the winter blues with a light bright, delicious dish cooked by the one and only Tom Daley for our next live Cook along. Hosted by resident chef, Chris Baber, find out how you can whip up one of Tom's favourite family meals PLUS enjoy a whole host of healthy eating and wellbeing tips along the way. All completely free for Sparks customers.
For the no chicken pieces:
- 360g/2 packets M&S Plant Kitchen No Chicken Pieces
- 3 Tbsp M&S Cornflour
- M&S Pepper, Chilli flakes & Garlic Powder
- M&S Olive Oil (for light frying)
For the orange sauce:
- 125ml M&S Orange Juice (smooth)
- 4 Tbsp M&S Organic Canadian Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp M&S chilli flakes
- 1 Tsp Cook With M&S Turmeric & Ginger Root Paste
- 2 Tbsp M&S Cornflour
- 3 Tbsp water
- 500g/2 packets M&S microwave wholegrain rice
- M&S Organic Salad Onions
- 320g M&S Tenderstem Broccoli
- Cook With M&S Sesame Seeds
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 large frying pan
- 3 medium saucepans
- Colander/steamer pan
- Chopping board
- 1 glass jug
- Wooden spoons
1) Place 360g of M&S Plant Kitchen ‘No Chicken’ Pieces into a large bowl, and dust with 3 tbsp of M&S Cornflour, alongside garlic powder, and pepper.
2) Drizzle a small amount of M&S Olive Oil into the frying pan, adding your seasoned Plant Kitchen No Chicken pieces and fry until crispy.
3) Whilst frying the above, pour 125ml M&S Orange Juice (smooth) into a jug and add 4 tbsp M&S Organic Canadian Maple Syrup, 1 tsp M&S chilli flakes, 1 tsp M&S Turmeric & Ginger Root Paste, 2 tbsp M&S Cornflour and 3 tbsp of water. Give it a good stir!
4) Take your chopping board and chop the M&S Organic Salad onions and M&S Tenderstem Broccoli into small pieces and place to side.
5) Add 320g of the chopped M&S Tenderstem Broccoli to a colander or a steamer pan, and place over saucepan with half an inch of water and bring to the boil for 5 minutes.
6) Heat the 2 packets of M&S microwave wholegrain rice in the microwave, then add the prepared jug of orange sauce to saucepan and stir until thickened to your liking. Make sure to keep an eye on your Plant Kitchen No Chicken pieces - are they looking crispy? If so, remove off of heat.
7) Once your rice is heated, orange sauce thickened and Plant Kitchen No Chicken pieces crispy, divide the rice between serving dishes then combine & serve the chicken, sauce and broccoli over the rice. Finally, add your chopped salad onions from earlier and some Cook With M&S Sesame Seeds. You're now ready to serve.
Sign up now to secure your place and we'll see you on the night!