About the Sparks Live Cook-Along Event
- The promoter of this Cook-Along is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
- M&S are holding a Sparks Live Cook-Along Event for customers at which M&S are attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the most tickets booked for an online cooking tutorial (the "Cook-Along").
- By signing up and participating the Cook-Along, you agree to take part in the Guinness World Record breaking attempt and the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S, to your video being recorded at the Cook-Along and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the Cook-Along.
Your safety when participating and legal disclaimer
- Participating in the Cook-Along carries with it risks that M&S cannot entirely eliminate. These include, without limitation the risk of fire and the risk of personal injuries such as cuts, scrapes, scratches, puncture wounds, thermal burns, chemical burns, scalds, injuries from using cooking equipment and instruments, eye injuries or irritation, skin irritations, allergic reactions, food poisoning, slips, falls, and choking. When participate in the Cook-Along you agree:
- You should act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
- You should not participate where you are impaired by the influence of alcohol, medication or other drugs.
- You must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you during the Cook-Along.
- You will follow all hygiene and safety procedures that M&S inform you about. You acknowledge, however, that whilst M&S may suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for M&S to safeguard your health and safety at all times especially in an online event and you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
- You are responsible to ensure ingredients you purchase for the purposes of the Cook-Along are suitable for your own health needs (including, without limitation, in respect of any allergies which you, or anyone with whom you share your premises with, suffer from), and that such ingredients are safely transported, stored and (if applicable) prepared.
- You alone are responsible for ensuring that knives and other kitchen utensils are used safely and responsibly.
- In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by M&S, participating in the Cook-Along is entirely at your risk. You acknowledge that neither M&S nor Guinness World Records are liable for any loss, damage or injury to yourself or your property in connection with the Cook-Along. You agree to indemnify both Guinness World Records and M&S against claims by third parties for injuries arising out of the Cook-Along.
- You acknowledge that M&S will not responsible or liable for:
- your preparation, storage, re-heating and consumption of food after the Cook-Along;
- any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in the Cook-Along.
- The Cook-Along is open only to permanent UK residents who are aged 18 or over.
- No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected sign-up or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information. M&S does not guarantee the Cook-Along will take place.
- M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Cook-Along if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Cook-Along is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Cook-Along).
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the attendee that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Cook-Along; (b) any act or omission of any third party; or (c) any other events beyond M&S’s control that may cause the Cook-Along to be disrupted or corrupted.
- If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the Cook-Along. These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
© 2021 Marks and Spencer plc.