About the Sparks In Store Event Event
1. The promoter of this Event is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
3. M&S are holding a Sparks In Store Event Event for customers including Christmas food and drink tasting, a look into store specific M&S fashion and M&S beauty external brands within M&S Hedge End store, Nottingham store and Camberley store.
4. There will be a prize draw during the event including a prize draw for a £50 M&S e gift card (collectively, the "Prize Draw").
5. By signing up, participating in the Event and entering any of the Prize Draws, you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S, to your video being recorded at the Event and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the Event.
Your legal disclaimer
6. All Sparks members of the Event must be aged 18 or over as per usual Sparks member terms & conditions. Their guest/plus one can be under 18 but need to be attended by a reponsible 18+ customer. M&S will not oversee any responsibility outside of duty of care for guests under 18 or above.
7. Participating in the Event carries with it risks that M&S cannot entirely eliminate. These include, without limitation the risk of fire and the risk of personal injuries such as cuts, scrapes, scratches, puncture wounds, thermal burns, chemical burns, scalds, injuries from using cooking equipment and instruments, eye injuries or irritation, skin irritations, allergic reactions, food poisoning, slips, falls, and choking. When participate in the Event you agree:
a. You should act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
b. You should not participate where you are impaired by the influence of alcohol, medication or other drugs.
c. You must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you during the Event.
d. You will follow all hygiene and safety procedures that M&S inform you about. You acknowledge, however, that whilst M&S may suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for M&S to safeguard your health and safety at all times especially in an online event and you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
e. You are responsible to ensure ingredients you and your potential plus one consume during the Event are suitable for your own health needs (including, without limitation, in respect of any allergies which you, or anyone with whom you share your premises with, suffer from).
8. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by M&S, participating in the Event is entirely at your risk. You acknowledge that M&S is not liable for any loss, damage or injury to yourself or your property in connection with the Event. You agree to indemnify M&S against claims by third parties for injuries arising out of the Event.
9. You acknowledge that M&S will not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in the Event.
Entering the Prize Draws
10. The Prize Draws are open only to permanent UK residents, who are Sparks members and aged 18 or over. Employees (or their relatives) of the Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this promotion) are not permitted to enter.
Choosing the winners
19. The Event and Prize Draws are open only to permanent UK residents.
20. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected sign-up or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information. M&S does not guarantee the Event will take place.
21. M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Event if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Event is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Event).
22. If M&S at any time considers an entry is inappropriate and/or fails to comply with its guidelines, or that the entrant has otherwise failed to comply with these terms and conditions, it may disqualify the entry.
23. Prize details are correct at date of publication. M&S reserves the right to substitute any element of the Prizes with a Prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the Prizes become unavailable for any reason.
24. Provision of the Prizes is subject to the winner and the winner’s guests: (a) signing a Prize Acceptance Form; and (b) accepting all terms and conditions of third parties involved in the Prizes (to be provided with the Prize Acceptance Form).
25. The winner and any guest may be required, subject to their consent, to take part in reasonable post-Prize Draws publicity for M&S which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by M&S or other third parties for publicity purposes and the winner and guest agrees to the use of their personal data for such purposes.
26. The entrant and any guest shall exclusively assign all copyright and intellectual property developed during this Prize Draws to Marks and Spencer plc.
The name and county of the Prize winners will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to Mark Oliver, Waterside House, 35 N Wharf Rd. Paddington, London W2 1NW, UK
27. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the attendee that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Event; (b) any act or omission of any third party; or (c) any other events beyond M&S’s control that may cause the Event to be disrupted or corrupted.
28. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
29. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the Event. These terms shall be governed by the laws of England.
© 2021 Marks and Spencer plc.