About the Sparks Live Bake-Along Event and prize promotion
1. The promoter of this Cook-Along is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
3. M&S are holding a Sparks Live Cook-Along Event for customers at which M&S resident chef Chris Baber, alongside guest chef Tom Daley, will demonstrate cooking a dish with selected M&S products on Wednesday January 19th 2022, between 6-7pm (the "Cook-Along"). For more information about this event, please visit the M&S Eventbrite page.
4. By signing up and participating the Cook-Along, you agree to take part in the Cook-Along and the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S, to your video being recorded at the Cook-Along and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the Cook-Along.
Your safety when participating and legal disclaimer
1. Participating in the Cook-Along carries with it risks that M&S cannot entirely eliminate. These include, without limitation the risk of fire and the risk of personal injuries such as cuts, scrapes, scratches, puncture wounds, thermal burns, chemical burns, scalds, injuries from using cooking equipment and instruments, eye injuries or irritation, skin irritations, allergic reactions, food poisoning, slips, falls, and choking. When you participate in the Cook-Along you agree:
a. You should act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
b. You should not participate where you are impaired by the influence of alcohol, medication or other drugs.
c. You must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you during the Cook-Along.
d. You will follow all hygiene and safety procedures that M&S inform you about. You acknowledge, however, that whilst M&S may suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for M&S to safeguard your health and safety at all times especially in an online event and you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
e. You are responsible to ensure ingredients you purchase for the purposes of the Cook-Along are suitable for your own health needs (including, without limitation, in respect of any allergies which you, or anyone with whom you share your premises with, suffer from), and that such ingredients are safely transported, stored and (if applicable) prepared.
f. You alone are responsible for ensuring that knives and other kitchen utensils are used safely and responsibly.
2. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by M&S, participating in the Bake-Along is entirely at your risk. You acknowledge that M&S is not liable for any loss, damage or injury to yourself or your property in connection with the Cook-Along. You agree to indemnify M&S against claims by third parties for injuries arising out of the Cook-Along.
3. You acknowledge that M&S will not responsible or liable for:
a. your preparation, storage, re-heating and consumption of food after the Cook-Along;
b. any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in the Cook-Along.
Entering the prize promotion
1. This prize promotion is open only to permanent UK & Republic of Ireland residents who are aged 18 or over. Employees (or their relatives) of the Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this promotion) are not permitted to enter.
2. The prize promotion starts on Wednesday January 19th 2022, between 6pm-7pm. Specific opening/closing times during this hour will be announced via our hosts.
3. To enter the prize promotion participants must email the Sparks Live email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their favourite M&S Plant Kitchen food product.
4. Only one entry per person/household. No entries on behalf of third parties will be accepted.
Choosing the winner
5. One winner will receive 1 x £50 M&S e-gift card (or a currency conversation for the same amount relevant to winners location). The e-gift card is non-transferable, non refundable, subject to availability and there is no cash alternative. Normal M&S terms and conditions apply to the e-gift card and are available on the M&S website at https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/help/gift-cards-and-egift-cards.
6. M&S will notify the winner by Friday January 21st 2022, 23:59, at the latest by email, but M&S will aim to announce the winner during the live stream (6-7pm) on Wednesday January 19th 2022. The email notification will include details of how the prize can be accepted. If the winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize by 21st January 2022, 23:59, another winner will be selected from the eligible entries. This process will continue until the prize has been allocated.
7. One winner will receive 1 x £50 M&S e-gift card (or the same value e-gift card/prize in a location relevant currency to the winner of the prize draw depending on eligible location entry stated above). The e-gift card is non-transferable, non refundable, subject to availability and there is no cash alternative. Normal M&S terms and conditions apply to the e-gift card and are available on the M&S website at https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/help/gift-cards-and-egift-cards.
8. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
9. M&S’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the draw.
10. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information. The Bake-Along is open only to permanent UK residents who are aged 18 or over. M&S does not guarantee the Bake-Along will take place.
11. M&S reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if M&S reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions.
12. If M&S at any time considers an entry is inappropriate and/or fails to comply with its guidelines, or that the entrant has otherwise failed to comply with these terms and conditions, it may disqualify the entry.
13. Prize details are correct at date of publication. M&S reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize with a prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the prize become unavailable for any reason.
14. M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the prize promotion or Bake-Along if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the prize promotion or Bake-Along is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the prize promotion or Bake-Along).
15. A potential provision of this prize is subject to the winner signing a prize acceptance form.
16. The winner may be required, subject to their consent, to take part in reasonable post-prize promotion publicity for M&S which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by M&S or other third parties for publicity purposes and the winner and guest agree to the use of their personal data for such purposes such as internal and external promotional communications. You may also be asked to be featured within the live stream of the Cook-Along.
17. The entrant agrees to assign all copyright and intellectual property developed during this prize promotion exclusively to M&S.
18. The name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to Rhys Glover, Marks & Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW. Accordingly, please be aware that, in accordance with applicable laws governing prize draws, if you are a winner in this prize draw your name and county of residence may be published and/or disclosed to the Advertising Standards Authority.
19. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the prize promotion or Cook-Along; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the Prize; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond M&S’s control that may cause the prize promotion or Cook-Along to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the Prize in transit to the winner.
20. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
21. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the prize promotion or Cook-Along. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
© 2021 Marks and Spencer plc.