About the Sparks Live Event
1. The promoter of this Event is Marks andSpencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
3. M&S are holding a Sparks Live Event for customers, including a pre-recorded cocktail making masterclass, at which attendees will be shown an exclusive pre-recorded tour of the Art of Banksy Exhibition at 50 Earlham Street, London, WC2H 9LJ with a virtual question and answer session(the "Event").Please note, the Art of Banksy Exhibition is not authorised or endorsed by the artist Banksy in any way.
4. One attendee of the cocktail making masterclass will have the opportunity to win two tickets to the Art of Banksy Exhibition, on a date of their choice, and an overnight stay for 2 at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Mercer Street Hotel with breakfast included (the "Competition")
5. By signing up, participating in the Event,entering the Competition, or preparing a drink during at the Event, you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S, to your video being recorded at the Event and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the Event.
Your safety when participating and legal disclaimer
6. All attendees of the Event must be aged18 or over. By attending the Event, you confirm you are over 18 years of age. Please drink responsibly. Drinkaware.co.uk.
7. Non-alcoholic options. We understand that there may be some participants who do not drink alcohol. They will still be able to take part in Event but have the option to make a "mocktail" (non-alcoholic cocktail) version instead.
8. Participating in the Event carries with it risks that M&S cannot entirely eliminate. These include, without limitation the risk of fire and the risk of personal injuries such as cuts,scrapes, scratches, puncture wounds, thermal burns, chemical burns, scalds,injuries from using cooking equipment and instruments, eye injuries or irritation, skin irritations, allergic reactions, food poisoning, slips, falls,and choking. When participate in the Event you agree:
a. You should act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
b. You should not participate where you are impaired by the influence of alcohol, medication or other drugs.
c. You must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you during the Event.
d. You will follow all hygiene and safety procedures that M&S inform you about. You acknowledge, however, that whilstM&S may suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for M&S to safeguard your health and safety at all times especially in an online event and you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
e. You are responsible to ensure ingredients you purchase for the purposes of the Event are suitable for your own health needs (including, without limitation, in respect of any allergies which you, or anyone with whom you share your premises with, suffer from), and that such ingredients are safely transported, stored and (if applicable) prepared.
f. You alone are responsible for ensuring that knives and other kitchen utensils are used safely and responsibly.
9. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by M&S, participating in the Event is entirely at your risk. You acknowledge that neither M&S nor The Art of Banksy are liable for any loss, damage or injury to yourself or your property in connection with the Event.You agree to indemnify both The Art of Banksy and M&S against claims by third parties for injuries arising out of the Event.
10. You acknowledge that M&S will not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in the Event.
Entering the Competition
11. The Competition is open only to permanent UK residents, who are Sparks members and who are aged 18 or over.Employees (or their relatives) of the Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this promotion) are not permitted to enter.
- The Competition starts on May 19th 2021 at 7pm. To enter the Competition participants must participate in the Event and prepare a cocktail or mocktail during the Event on May 19th 2021. The participant must then share a picture of the drink on social media with the hashtag #sparkslivebanksy for judging.
- Only one entry per household. No entries on behalf of third parties will be accepted.
14. M&S will not reimburse any costs or expenses arising from the production and submission of any picture.
15. By entering the Competition, participants confirm that they do not have a criminal record and consent to background checks being made on them by M&S.
Choosing the winner
- M&S will select 1 winner on May 19th 2021 during the event and the judging will be supervised by an independent person. An independent judge will select the best photograph of the prepared cocktail or mocktail shared on the #sparkslivebanksy hashtag to be the winner.
17. M&S will notify the winner by May 20that 5pm via the social media channel that they entered through. The notification will include details of how the Prize can be accepted. If the winner does not confirm acceptance of the Prize by May 24th at 5pm another winner will be selected from completed entries by an independent judge.
18. The winner will receive two tickets to the Art of Banksy Exhibition on a date of their choice and an overnight stay for 2 in a standard double room at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Mercer Street Hotel with breakfast included, subject to availability (the “Prize”).
19. Additional third party terms and conditions may apply to the redemption of the Prize.
a. Hotel terms: https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/privacy
b. Exhibition terms: https://artofbanksy.co.uk/faqs.html
20. The Prize does not include meals, other than the breakfast included (unless a complementary meals is provided by the hotel), or additional expenses other than those described above.
21. Both the winner and guest must be aged18 or over.
22. The winner must accept the Prize as described in paragraph 18 above in its entirety.
23. The dates of the trip shall be discussed with the winner once the winner is contacted to inform them that they have received the Prize. The winner will be asked to confirm their acceptance of the Prize and asked to provide suitable dates on which they can take the trip. Dates for the trip must be confirmed at least one month in advance of redemption.
24. If the trip is not taken or is cancelled by the winner, then no part of the Prize shall be given and if already given must be returned to M&S. There is no cash alternative.
25. This Prize must be redeemed and the trip taken between June 20th- November 21st 2021.
26. The dates of travel cannot be altered once chosen and the reservation made.
27. M&S will not be responsible for the winner and/or guest's transportation to or from their home, the Art of Banksy Exhibition or the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Mercer Street Hotel. Any travel tickets for the journeys to and from any location must be purchased by the winner and guest at their own cost and such cost will not be reimbursed to them by M&S.
28. The winner and guest must pay for their own travel insurance and holiday cover.
29. The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Mercer Street Hotel is situated on: 20 Mercer St, London WC2H 9HD.
30. Hotel accommodation is based on two people sharing a standard double room at the Radisson Blu Edwardian.
31. M&S shall not be responsible for the Radisson Blu Edwardian changing the winner and guest’s room allocation.
32. A credit card may be required by the hotel as a guarantee for hotel incidentals.
33. The Event and Competition is open only to permanent UK residents who are aged 18 or over.
34. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected sign-up or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information. M&S does not guarantee the Event will take place.
35. M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Event if it believes,in its sole discretion, that the Event is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Event).
36. IfM&S at any time considers an entry is inappropriate and/or fails to comply with its social media guidelines, or that the entrant has otherwise failed to comply with these terms and conditions, it may disqualify the entry.
37. Prize details are correct at date of publication. M&S reserves the right to substitute any element of the Prize with a prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the Prize become unavailable for any reason.
38. Provision of this Prize is subject to the winner and the winner’s guests: (a) signing a Prize Acceptance Form; and(b) accepting all terms and conditions of third parties involved in the Prize(to be provided with the Prize Acceptance Form).
39. The winner and guest may be required,subject to their consent, to take part in reasonable post-Competition publicity for M&S which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by M&S or other third parties for publicity purposes and the winner and guest agrees to the use of their personal data for such purposes
40. The entrant and guest shall exclusively assign all copyright and intellectual property developed during this Competition to Marks and Spencer plc.
41. The name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to Sean Carrigan, Marks and Spencer plc, The Point, 37North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.
42. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the attendee that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Event; (b) any act or omission of any third party; or (c)any other events beyond M&S’s control that may cause the Event to be disrupted or corrupted.
43. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
44. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the Event. These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
©2021 Marks and Spencer plc.