About the Sparks Live Colleague Cook-Along Event and Competition
- The promoter of this Cook-Along and Competition is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
- M&S are holding a Sparks Live Cook-Along Event for colleagues at which M&S are attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the most people cooking simultaneously online (the "Cook-Along").
- All attendees of the Cook-Along will all receive a £10 gift card to contribute towards the cost of attending.
- The best presented dish on the night will receive a £250 e-gift card (the "Competition").
- By attending the Cook-Along and entering the Competition and by preparing a dish live at the Cook-Along, you agree to take part in the Guinness World Record breaking attempt and the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S, to your video being recorded at the Cook-Along and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the Cook-Along and Competition.
Your safety when participating and legal disclaimer
- Participating in the Cook-Along carries with it risks that M&S cannot entirely eliminate. These include, without limitation the risk of fire and the risk of personal injuries such as cuts, scrapes, scratches, puncture wounds, thermal burns, chemical burns, scalds, injuries from using cooking equipment and instruments, eye injuries or irritation, skin irritations, allergic reactions, food poisoning, slips, falls, and choking. When participate in the Cook-Along you agree:
- You should act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
- You should not participate where you are impaired by the influence of alcohol, medication or other drugs.
- You must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you during the Cook-Along.
- You will follow all hygiene and safety procedures that M&S inform you about. You acknowledge, however, that whilst M&S may suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for M&S to safeguard your health and safety at all times especially in an online event and you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
- You are responsible to ensure ingredients you purchase for the purposes of the Cook-Along are suitable for your own health needs (including, without limitation, in respect of any allergies which you, or anyone with whom you share your premises with, suffer from), and that such ingredients are safely transported, stored and (if applicable) prepared.
- You alone are responsible for ensuring that knives and other kitchen utensils are used safely and responsibly.
- In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by M&S, participating in the Cook-Along is entirely at your risk. You acknowledge that neither M&S nor Guinness World Records are liable for any loss, damage or injury to yourself or your property in connection with the Cook-Along. You agree to indemnify both Guinness World Records and M&S against claims by third parties for injuries arising out of the Cook-Along.
- You acknowledge that M&S will not responsible or liable for:
- your preparation, storage, re-heating and consumption of food after the Cook-Along;
- any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in the Cook-Along.
Entering the Competition
- The Competition is open only to employees of the Marks and Spencer Group of Companies who are permanent UK or ROI residents and are aged 18 or over only.
- The Competition starts on 23rd April at 5pm. To enter the Competition participants must participate in the Guinness World Record attempt of having the most people cooking simultaneously online by preparing the provided recipe during the Cook-Along on 23rd April. The participant must then present the final prepared dish for judging. [INSERT DETAILS ON SELECTION OF WINNER]
- Only one entry per household. No entries on behalf of third parties will be accepted.
Choosing the winner
- One winner will be selected on 23rd April [during the Cook-Along] and the draw will be supervised by an independent person. An independent judge will select the best presented dish presented live at the Cook-Along to be the winner.
- M&S will notify the winner by [INSERT TIME AND DATE] by [INSERT MEDIUM]. The notification will include details of how the prize can be accepted. If the winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize by [INSERT TIME AND DATE] another random draw will take place from completed entries and another winner will be selected
- The winner will receive a £250 e-gift card (the “Prize”).
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative. Normal M&S terms and conditions apply to the gift card.
- M&S’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome.
- No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information. M&S does not guarantee the Cook-Along will take place.
- M&S reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if M&S reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions.
- Prize details are correct at date of publication. M&S reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize with a prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the prize become unavailable for any reason.
- M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition or Cook-Along if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Competition or the Cook-Along is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Competition or the Cook-Along).
- Provision of this prize is subject to the winner signing a prize acceptance form.
- The winner may be required, subject to their consent, to take part in reasonable post Competition publicity for M&S which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by M&S or other third parties for publicity purposes and the winner agrees to the use of their personal data for such purposes [INSERT FULL DETAILS OF ANY PUBLICITY WE INTEND TO USE WINNERS IN].
- The entrant agrees to assign all copyright and intellectual property developed during this Competition exclusively to M&S.
- The name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to [INSERT CONTACT DETAILS] Marks & Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Competition or Cook-Along; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the Prize; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond M&S’s control that may cause the Competition or Cook-Along to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the Prize in transit to the winner.
- If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the Competition or Cook-Along. These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
© 2021 Marks and Spencer plc.