Smoky No-Chorizo Cajun-Style Rice - Chris Baber
250g long grain rice
1 tbsp olive oil
8 Plant Kitchen no chorizo posh puppies
2 sticks celery
1jar Cook With M&S Cajun paste
650ml boiling water
3 spring onions
1 bunch parsley
65g sweet baby leaf salad
- Roughly chop the Plant Kitchen no chorizo posh puppies. Dice the onions. Roughly dice the peppers. Slice the celery. Chop the spring onions. Chop the parsley. Cut the lemons into wedges
- Rinse the rice with cold water until it runs clear and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and fry the Plant Kitchen no chorizo posh puppies for 2-3 minutes until they begin to take on some colour.
- Add all the chopped veg, season and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Then stir in the jar of Cook With M&S Cajun paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice, and stir to ensure it is evenly coated in the paste before adding the boiling water.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover loosely and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the water is fulled absorbed, stirring occasionally. If the pan becomes too try, add a splash more water.
- When the rice is cooked, fluff it up with a fork, scatter over the spring onions and parsley, and then squeeze over the lemon. Serve with the sweet baby leaf salad.