Sweet Pepper and Pesto Risotto - Chris Baber
1 vegetable stock cube
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tsp Cook with M&S easy garlic
1/2 jar (140g) sundried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
300g Italian risotto rice
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced into 1cm pieces
4 tsp green pesto
Basil leaves, to serve
Grana Padano, grated, to serve (optional)
- Add the stock cube to a saucepan and pour in 1 litre of boiling water. Bring to a gentle simmer and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil then add the easy garlic and gently saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in the chopped sundried tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the rice to the pan and gently toast for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent it sticking.
- Add the warm stock a ladle at a time, ensuring each addition is almost fully absorbed before adding the next. Continue adding the stock until it's all incorporated into the rice, around 15-20 minutes. Add a little more water if necessary. The rice should retain some 'bite' in the very centre.
- When the rice is cooked, add the roasted red peppers and warm through for 1 minute. Stir in the pesto and remove from the heat.
- Serve topped with basil leaves and freshly grated Grana Padano, if you like. Serve with crusty bread.