Za’atar Salmon with Greens and Grain
1 salmon fillet
Sprinkle of Cook With M&S za’atar
1 M&S bulgur wheat, quinoa, freekeh and red rice pouch
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
1 M&S wholemeal pitta, enriched with vitamin D
20g sunflower seeds
- Pre-cook the kale in boiling water, drain and set aside.
- Dust the salmon fillet with za’atar.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the salmon skin side down, cook for a few minutes until the skin is crispy, turn over and cook for another couple of minutes, then cook each side for 30-60 seconds so that the salmon is golden and slightly crispy all over.
- Meanwhile, cook the pouch of grains in the microwave as per the cooking instructions.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove from the pan to rest.
- Pour the grain mix into the pan, toss in the kale, lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch more za’atar to taste.
- Lightly toast the pitta.
- Serve the grains with the salmon, crumble over the feta and sunflower seeds, and serve with a toasted pitta.